10 Reasons Why Traveling is the Only Thing that Makes You Richer
You might not own the most expensive car in the world, nor the biggest house on earth. But one thing is for sure your dream is bigger than those things.
“Traveling is the only thing you buy that makes you richer. “
Yes and yes! I agree. I know you have read this line for so many times now on so many blog posts, on your Facebook news feed, on your RSS. Well, let me try to explain it further by giving some 10 good reasons why that such line exists.
1. You cannot buy memories. – During your first plane ride, I know you can still remember how your heart pounds when the plane is about to take-off. A simple memory like this is something you can’t buy, the feeling, the sweaty palms, the nausea you’ve felt, the wonderful “i-feel-like-flying” you experience; All of these cannot buy with money.
2. You grow as a person – When you are totally pissed and tired from work, the first thing you have in mind is to take some time-off, not for the sake of the company that you are working with, but for yourself. You go on a vacation and unplug yourself from the real world; while having a beer on your right hand and a book on your left while watching the ocean glistening right before your eyes, your mind do all those realizations about life, about work, about everything in life. And when you get back, you become a different person, and most of all you grow as an existing human being.
3. It restores your belief in humanity – When you travel alone, there comes to a point that you really cannot get on how to read your map or in-short you are LOST. Yes, when you break the good news to your family that you have decided to take that trip of a lifetime, the usual thing that you will hear from them is “Traveling… Alone? Are you out of your mind? Isn’t that scary?”. Everyone is scared and you are excited, how peculiar feeling is that? But you still go on and do it. Then, on your journey you will meet people who will help you get the next cab, who will tell you how to go the substation, who will try to help you without any motives to harm you. You will learn how to trust bit by bit.
4. It challenges you – The only thing on how you conquer your fear is to face them. No one will push you to your own limits except yourself. It allows you to dive into a whole new perspective in life after you have conquered your fear. You will never know your boundaries until you have reached it, but it doesn’t stop there. Life has no boundaries. So keep on pushing yourself to the limit!
5. It gives you a taste of the world – Different sides of the world, different continents, different people. It allows you to embrace how the locals live, how they live it to the fullest! Can you just imagine how your favorite pasta was made? How its made to perfection? How your favorite rice noodles was made? When you go in depth on what’s behind all of these, it lets you embrace the beauty of life, the beauty of the world! You understand how they do it, and why they do it. You become part of them, you see things through their eyes!
6. You gain self-confidence – If you are struggling with your self-confidence, I advise you to travel alone. Aside from facing your fears, you allow yourself to be yourself, to talk to a complete stranger, to give yourself a boost of self-confidence. It might scare you at first, but believe me, it works! You will come back home braver and much more different in a good way than you were before.
7. You see a whole new horizon – Everything becomes a routine that we all try to break. When you travel, your perspective becomes broader, you embrace the new horizons of life. It gives you an idea how lucky you are in this world, from the people you meet and from the things you see. The best advice you can get is from a stranger; It strikes you like a lightning and one day you wake up and have decided to change the old you into a version 2.0.
8. You learn to trust yourself – Becoming true to yourself is one of the spice in the pillars of success. You cannot buy trust, you gain it. And by traveling, trusting yourself is one of the most hardest battle you will ever encounter. You will meet people who won’t be as good as you have thought, who will frustrate you, who will break you. But the bits and pieces of those that you have experienced will let you learn how to trust yourself. That in the end, you will realize that you can only “love many and trust a few” .
9. It gives you happiness – Years back, only rich people an afford to travel. They have these private jets and having a toast first class up in the sky, we can’t blame rich people if those luxurious things makes them happy. But now in our 20-something-century-modern-day anyone can afford to travel! Flying in economy class can also make someone happy! Traveling gives you sense of fulfillment, a carefree liberty, and a sense of happiness. If traveling is something you are passionate about and you know will give you happiness, then go ahead and do it! Explore the world, fill your eyes with places and faces, hope and happiness!
10. It is an investment – Imagine traveling as an investment. It teaches you more about life than the 4 corners of your cubicle in your 9 to 5 job. An Investment that cannot be snatched by anyone from you, it’s like education. You can put all of your experiences on you Resume and its an added plus! (joke, half meant) . But on a serious note, its an investment that you can share to anybody! When you’re old and cannot travel anymore, it is the stories that you will tell to your grand children! It’s like investing memories in your head, because in the future someone will benefit from it; It can be yourself too!